What's new? What's happening?
It's True. There's a New Book Coming in 2015.
From Publishers Marketplace 9/8/14:
Printz Honor author A.S. King's I CRAWL THROUGH IT, a surrealist novel about four teens who find unconventional ways to escape standardized tests and their perilous world -- and discover that the only escape from reality is to face it, again to Andrea Spooner at Little, Brown Children's, for publication in Fall 2015, by Michael Bourret atDystel & Goderich Literary Management (World English).
FALL TOUR DATES!
Check the TOUR PAGE for more info.
Only two left!
December 13, 2014
Barnes & Noble
December 20, 2014
Available Now: REALITY BOY
“Timely, incisive, compassionate. All of A.S. King’s novels are must-reads.” —Matthew Quick, New York Times bestselling author of The Silver Linings Playbook
A New York Times Editors' Choice, A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2013, A School Library Journal Best Book of 2013, A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2013, Winter 2014 ABA Kids' Indie Next List Top Ten, A Junior Library Guild Selection, Amazon Best Books for October 2013, A Publishers Weekly Book of the Week, A 2013 VOYA Perfect Ten Book, A 2013 Association of Booksellers for Children Best Book for Children, A 2014 YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults Book, A 2014 YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Readers Book, A 2014 Tayshas High School Top Ten Reading List Pick...
Gerald Faust knows exactly when he started feeling angry: the day his mother invited a reality television crew into his five-year-old life. Twelve years later, he’s still haunted by his rage-filled youth—which the entire world got to watch from every imaginable angle—and his anger issues have resulted in violent outbursts, zero friends, and clueless adults dumping him in the special education room at school.
Nothing is ever going to change. No one cares that he’s tried to learn to control himself, and the girl he likes has no idea who he really is. Everyone’s just waiting for him to snap…and he’s starting to feel dangerously close to doing just that.
In this fearless portrayal of a boy on the edge, highly acclaimed Printz Honor author A.S. King explores the desperate reality of a former child “star” who finally breaks free of his anger by creating possibilities he never knew he deserved.
“Fearless and brilliant, a seething pressure cooker of a masterpiece.”
—Andrew Smith, author of Grasshopper Jungle and Winger
"A.S. King is one of the best Y.A. writers working today. She captures the disorientation of adolescence brilliantly."
—John Green, New York Times Book Review
* "Heart-pounding and heartbreaking...This is no fairy-tale romance, but a compulsively readable portrait of two imperfect teens learning to trust each other."
—Kirkus Reviews (starred)
"As always, King’s societal critique is spot-on and scathing, this time examining the dehumanization wrought by reality television on its “stars” and on its viewers in order to feel better about themselves. Put down the remote and pick up Reality Boy—it’s a showstopper." —The Horn Book Magazine
* "This is a story about healing, and although Gerald stumbles as he takes his first steps, his candor invites sympathy from the first page."
—Publishers Weekly (starred)
* "King’s trademarks–attuned first-person narrative, convincing dialogue, realistic language, and fitting quirkiness–connect effectively in this disturbing, yet hopeful novel."—SLJ (starred)
"We all know at least one teen who needs a book like this; I didn't know I needed it until I turned the last page."
"The TMZ-level draw of the premise will definitely pull readers in, but they’ll find a surprising amount to relate to in this smart and sympathetic story about breaking free from the world’s expectations." —The Bulletin
* "Reality Boy showcases King's talent, telling a story that is as much about parental depression and denial as it is about teen rage. It's also about first love, celebrity, therapy and finding your own narrative despite the story your family--and sometimes the world--tells about you."—Shelf Awareness (starred)
"The hallmarks of [A.S. King's] strong work are there: magical realism, heightened emotion, and the steady, torturous, beautiful transition into self-assured inner peace."—Booklist
* "King’s writing is...better than ever—not one unneeded word slows the reader in racing through this intense and incredibly fresh plot. Kudos, Ms. King. More please."—VOYA (starred)
* "An emotional and difficult read, this story is also thought-provoking and ultimately optimistic."
—LMC (starred review)
"Her books shouldn’t be shelved under ‘young adult,’
they should be shelved under ‘human.’"
--Liberty Hardy, BookRiot
“A.S. King at her best, and maybe then some. This book is tough and funny and smart as hell.”
—Chris Crutcher, author of Period 8 and Whale Talk
“REALITY BOY is a powerhouse of insight and empathy toward the people who cruise the fringes of acceptable behavior. A.S. King takes all kinds of risks and every single one pays off. Highly recommended.”
—Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestselling author of ROT & RUIN and FIRE & ASH
“Reality Boy is A.S. King's best work to date. Touching and teeth-clenchingly emotional, this story is an important reminder that behind every reality show...may be a totally different reality.”
—Jennifer Brown, author of Hate List and Thousand Words